Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) integrator with a focus on in-building wireless Public Safety DAS & commercial Cellular DAS systems. As we continue to grow, we are adding experienced DAS Technicians to our team of professionals.
All of our DAS Technicians have significant experience installing commercial in-building wireless Public Safety DAS & Cellular DAS systems in a wide variety of large scale buildings, facilities & campuses. The DAS Technicans job is a hands-on, technical, field position. Our DAS Technicians are expected to travel to customer sites, work on DAS system installations & DAS head end upgrade projects and communicate project issues and status with onsite DAS installation team.
DAS Technicians Job Responsibilities:
- Read and follow DAS design drawings, blueprints and installation guides.
- Install DAS equipment & components. To include but not limited to the installation of outdoor donor antennas, indoor antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable, CAT 6 cable, DC power cable and other appropriate components to NEC standards.
- Terminate coaxial cable: JMA, Andrews, Trilogy, etc.
- Configure and integrate DAS head end equipment such as rectifiers, battery systems, VoltServer, Commscope iON-B and iON-U, JMA Teko and Corning Mobile Access, along with relevant monitoring components such as T1 and broadband backhaul circuits, routers, IP switches and dry contact alarm monitoring equipment.
- Expert at completing sweep, PIM and fiber testing.
- Assist with site surveys to troubleshoot and implement corrective RF and RF/fiber optic installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage.
DAS Technicians Job Experience:
- 5 years experience in-building DAS installation.
- 5 years experience in cable installation in IT, cable, electrical, RF and/or telecommunications fields.
- 5 years experience performing fusion splicing, fiber terminations, fiber dressing, fiber cleaning & OTDR testing.
- 5 years experience performing RF sweep & PIM measurements.
- Solid understanding of wireless networks, including modulation techniques (UTMS, GSM, LTE plus etc.), amplifier/ antenna/ cable theory, link budgets, propagation tools, etc.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in the in-building DAS industry.
- Working knowledge of RF testing equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzer, sweep and PIM test equipment).
- Demonstrated ability to use basic hand and power tools needed for installation projects.
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office.
DAS Technicians Certifications & Qualifications:
We prefer DAS Technicians who have prior experience & currently hold these certifications & qualifications, but we will consider DAS Technicians who commit to becoming certified within 1 year of being hired. VeriDAS will pay for training for eligible DAS Technicians:
- RF Awareness
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30
- EXFO Splice/Test OTDR/iOLM
- Anritsu PIM & Sweep
- JMA (Connectors & TEKO DAS)
Job Type: Full-time